Last modified on September 3, 2020
7×24 Exchange International (“us,” “we,” or “our”) operates internationaldatacenterday.org (the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site, and our compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This Privacy Statement does not extend to 7×24 Exchange International Chapters, other groups affiliated with 7×24 Exchange International, or their websites.
In keeping with 7×24 Exchanges MO (modus operandi), the site assures that:
- With the exception of certain third-party “Service Providers” we use to process data, provide backup or hosting services, and similar operational tasks, and notwithstanding limited sharing of details with conference attendees (name and company) detailed below, We will never share the data we collect and store about you without your prior approval except where we are bound by law to do so.
- We will take every reasonable effort to assure information sent to/entered into our site is secure.
- We may at times send communications/make mailings to 7×24 Exchange members/site participants on behalf of vendors and other members. However, we will never identify responses with individuals without their prior approval.
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Site or from the Site infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a User’s device.
Data Controller means a person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed.
In lieu of a Data Protection Officer, 7×24 Exchange International has designated a Data Manager. The data manager is the designated person in the organization who is responsible for enforcing privacy and ensuring that our data and information are protected and that our operations are secure.
The Data Manager for 7×24 Exchange is:
Data Processor (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively. This includes website hosts, database providers, backup services, mailing houses, and others. 7×24 Exchange has contracts in place with these vendors that assure confidentially and non-disclosure.
Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
The User is the individual using our Site. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Company/Organization Name
- Company/Organization Type
- Job Title
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you.
You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications by contacting us.
We may also collect information how the Site is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Site, to improve and customize our Service.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Site at any time, through your device settings.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Site.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Site.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Web Analytics Cookies. To determine which parts of our website are used most frequently for Web Analytics purposes.
Use of Data
7×24 Exchange International uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Site
- To notify you about changes to our Site
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Site
- To monitor the usage of our Site
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
7×24 Exchange International may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract (such as membership) with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
7×24 Exchange International will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Site, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, 7×24 Exchange International may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
7×24 Exchange International may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of 7×24 Exchange International
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
All application/registration forms and web pages on the Site are SSL secured. Redundant firewalls are in place around the entire network and custom monitors have been set up for intrusion detection. Additionally, some data, such as usernames and passwords, are encrypted in the database. Only those with proper access credentials can decipher these data.
If you have any questions or concerns about site security please contact email@example.com.
“Do Not Track” Signals
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. 7×24 Exchange International aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data. Please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification.You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object.You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction.You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability.You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent.You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where 7×24 Exchange International relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Site (“Service Providers”), to provide the Site functionality on our behalf, to perform Site-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Site is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Site.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Site. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Throughout the Site, we only collect first name and grade level on certain forms. We do not knowingly collect additional personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. Forms collecting personal information are intended to be completed by a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By visiting this page on our website: https://www.internationaldatacenterday.org/contact/
- By phone number: (646) 486-3818